Travelling in an RV opens up a lot of possibilities for life hacks. With the right equipment and space-saving ideas, you can transform your mobile home for a more comfortable and safer travel experience.
Here are a few RV living hacks you can try:
WALL HOOKS TO KEEP THINGS IN ORDER
Strong adhesive hooks are for different things. You can use them to hang towels, jackets, cooking utensils, and more. Hooks are also perfect tools to hang picture frames or paintings as part of your interior design.
CORD WRAPS TO PREVENT ACCIDENT
Electrical wires are a safety hazard, especially in a small space like an RV. Cord wraps are a simple yet effective trick to keep your cords accident-proof and prevent them from tangling with one another. You can use different colors to identify which cord is used for what.
STORAGE FOR YOUR SMALL SPACE
To cite Benjamin Franklin’s famous quote, “a place for everything and everything in its place” is a perfect way to keep your things organized to where they should be. This echoes your desire to make the most in a small space.
- Collapsible ottoman–provides a 2-in-1 solution to your RV. While providing extra storage space, it also provides additional seating inside your RV.
- File folder boxes for kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Shoe organizers or pocket wall organizers–can hung beside the door for essentials like keys, sunglasses, repellent lotions, and flashlights.
- Compartment storage boxes–for keeping those little essentials like batteries, adhesive hooks, thread, and other hardware pieces like screws and many others.
- Bed drawers–perfect places for your clothes and other stuff for your trip. Neatly kept drawers underneath your bed gives you ample space to move around while freeing you of clutter.
- A popular lighting hack for campers is a headlamp attached to a bottle or a gallon of water to achieve a brighter glow at night.
- Strips of glow-in-the-dark tapes can be added to your stairs to prevent any missteps in the dark.
- If you’re traveling with a kid, you can play with glow sticks to help you in spotting your children during nighttime camping parties.
BRINGING ALONG YOUR FIRST AID KIT
This is a given, but still worth reminding you for extra safety, especially if you’re traveling with kids. Bring a bag complete with bandages, disinfectants, and other basic first-aid essentials. Don’t forget to bring medicine as well for emergencies like allergy attacks, injuries, cuts or insect bites.
HANDY TOOLBOX FOR EMERGENCIES
Always expect any minor inconvenience in your trip. A toolbox with essentials like screwdrivers, wrench, cordless drill, and more, will certainly help you fix any minor repairs your RV needs as you travel.
MULTIPURPOSE COOKERS FOR MORE COOKING FUN, LESS SPACE
Multipurpose cookers have certainly provided a lot of solutions to different cooking needs, and they can serve a space-saving hack for your RV. Pressure cookers, induction or infrared cookers, or electric ovens equipped with rotisserie functions save space on your kitchen counter while you cook more.
These life hacks can certainly help you get a more comfortable and safer journey. But before you try all the tips mentioned, here are a few friendly tips you may want to keep in mind before heading out to the road:
KNOW WHERE YOU’RE HEADING
One of the many inconveniences of traveling is getting lost. Always bring a map with you or download one to your smartphones to make sure that you’re heading in the right way.
CHECK ALL THE SAFETY MEASURES OF YOUR RV
Before hitting the road, always double-check if your RV is completely safe from inside out. There are safety gears for your RV available for purchase like smoke detectors, dash cams, fire extinguishers, and more.
You can even rig your RV for added safety. An emergency exit window, and other similar trick-outs for your RV, can truly save lives in case of a life-and-death situation on the road.
Check out Peninsula Glass’ Motion Windows today for more RV life hacks and other tips on style and safety for your RV. Motion Windows offer custom windows for RVs, trailers, and van conversions that are available in different designs and finishes.